Tasting- California Square Chardonnay


Name: California Square Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California/Sonoma County
Country: United States
Year: 2014
Price: $16.99

Shop: Total Wine & More

Winery Review: A Chardonnay that gains richness with air. Possesses flavors of tropical fruit and pears, along with vanilla and butter, from the oak influence. Powerful fruit skillfully blended with judicious use of oak provides balance.

My Review: I love me a good Chardonnay, but lately it really hasn't been doing the trick for me. This Chardonnay will for sure not make it into my shopping cart again, despite the cool square shape. This wine was extremely drying and tasted like rubbing alcohol. All of the water instantly left my mouth when the wine hit my palette. At first the wine smells strong and fresh but after having a sip it almost smelled over powering. The first taste of the wine was dry but sweet with notes of earth and fruit. The second sip tasked just like melted butter and it was not pleasing. I will not repurchase this wine and was very disappointed in my experience with it, since I am such a Chardonnay fan. 

Food: I did not have this wine with any food.

Comments

Popular Posts