Tasting- Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc


Name: Oyster Bay Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: New Zealand
Country:  New Zealand
Year: 2016
Price: $10.99

Shop: Total Wine & More

Winery Review: This ticks all the Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc boxes: cut grass, snow pea, nectarine and citrus, all bundled into a medium-bodied wine that comes across as dry, silky and refreshing.

My Review: This week was really not my week for my lovely white wines. I was really looking forward to trying this Sauvignon Blanc that my mother recommended to me. Personally, it was too "earthy" for me. The aroma smelled like a lawnmower had just been in the house and on the palette it tasted slightly dirty and just like grass. This combination was not clean or pleasant. The dryness was not an issue because it went down smooth, but the taste on my palette just wasn't ideal. I probably will not repurchase this one specifically again. 

Food: I did not have this wine with any food.

Comments

Popular Posts