Tasting- Vintage Crush

2017 Vintage Crush Chardonnay
Name: Vintage Crush Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: California
Country: United States 
Year: 2017
Price: $4.57

Shop: Walmart.com

Winery Review: Our Vintage Crush Chardonnay is crafted with grapes grown in premium cool-climate vineyards throughout California, including Santa Barbara County, Lake County and the marine-influenced Delta region, where grapes develop lush tropical fruit aromas and complex flavors. To create this balanced Vintage Crush Chardonnay, winemakers use partial malolactic fermentation and wood aging to impart a smooth, creamy texture to the wine. The wine is then aged in stainless steel tanks to retain the varietals classic fresh, fruit character and acidity. Vintage Crush Chardonnay displays fresh apple, pear and peach aromas enriched by toasty, buttery tones imparted by partial malolactic fermentation and wood aging. This full bodied wines smooth, round texture is beautifully balanced by a crisp acidity.


My Review: I love me a great Chardonnay but was highly disappointed with this one in particular. I was mainly disappointed because it was supposed to be a medium dry and I considered it to be on the highest side of dry. It was so dry that I couldn't even grasp the pear and apple notes I was suppose to be indulging in. I had  hard time just finishing one glass and enjoying it. The smell was overpowering as well, it was immediately eye watering. Overall, I will not repurchase this wine and was not satisfied. 


Food: I did not have this wine with food.

Comments

Popular Posts