Tasting- Landon Winery Red Rose

From Landon Winery: Red Rose Sweet Red Wine 
Name: Landon Winery Red Rose Sweet Red Wine
Variety: Red Blend
Region: Texas
Country: United States
Year: 2017
Price: $11.99

Shop: Total Wine & More

Winery Review: Refreshing light red wine with a hint of sweetness. Fruit forward. Made with Alacante and Muscat grapes. A great treat on a hot summer day. 12% alcohol by volume 750 ml Silver Medal - Dallas Morning News 2009 International Wine Competition


My Review: Being from Texas I was ecstatic to try this red blend from the region. This wine possessed a fruity flavor and was sweeter than I anticipated. Without ice the blend was less dry and had aromas of wood and fruit. With ice, the wine was barely dry and almost tasted sweeter. The aromas with ice were still sweet and woody. The fruit on my palette mostly had a cherry taste.
Overall, this wine I think would pair well with a light pasta or fish and I would purchase again. 

Food: I did not have this wine with food.

Comments

Popular Posts