Tasting- Fisheye Shiraz


Fisheye Shiraz
Name: Fisheye Shiraz South Eastern Australia
Variety: Syrah Grape/ Shiraz Blend
Region: South Eastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2015
Price: $12.79

Shop: Total Wine & More

Winery Review: Bursting with classic jammy fruit, this Shiraz jumps out of the glass. Juicy blackberry and raspberry flavors make this crowd-pleaser so easy to drink. Enjoy with casual fare or by itself. Shiraz is the best-known and most widely planted varietal for Australian red wine. Rich, full-bodied and potent when grown in warm climates, Australian Shiraz may be showcased on its own or blended with Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.


My Review: This box wine is one of many boxed wines I have enjoyed these past few months. Yes, I said enjoyed even though I am not a huge red drinker. This Shiraz reminds me of drinking a smooth, grape or mixed berry jelly. It is medium bodied and did not dry my mouth out like some other reds I have had. I usually enjoy white wines because of their non-astringent flavor (at least the fruity ones I drink) but this wine was exceptionally enjoyable and something I for sure would like to drink on a warm summer day.

Just an action shot for you 

Food: 
I had this wine at a football watch party with a veggie tray. I think this wine paired nicely with the tomatoes and broccoli I ate, but not with the carrots. Something was off on my palette when I took a sip of this Shiraz after indulging in a carrot. I think this wine would pair better with a fruit tray but beggars can’t be choosers right?

Comments

Popular Posts