Tasting- Casanova di Neri

Name: Casanova di Neri Brunello Di Montalcino
Variety: Sangiovese
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Red Wine at Carmen's in Kansas City
Year: 2012
Price: $57.99

Shop: Wine.com

Winery Review: The most distinctive characteristic of 2012 vintage was the size of the clusters: Small, with widely/loosely spaced berries that brought to an outstanding ripening. The prevailing features of White Label 2012 are balance and finesse, which are supported by a long and velvety finish and an intense red fruit bouquet. This wine is already showing its pleasantness despite the long aging potential.

My Review: I am slowly but surely trying to give red wine a chance. This wine we endured at dinner had strong notes of cherries in my opinion and was very, very dry. I almost felt like I needed to put an ice cube in it in order to drink it fully without making an awkward face. The wine was decanted right in front of us and was room temperature. I think I personally would have liked it slightly chilled or in the decanter a little longer.  But, paired with my pasta it all flowed very well. I would drink this wine again with food but not alone.

Food: I did have this wine with food. I had scallop, shrimp, clam and black mussel cream pasta with my wine at Carmen's in Kansas City. It was absolutely fabulous and accentuated the fish flavors.

Comments

Popular Posts