Tasting- Starborough Sauvignon Blanc

Please excuse my lovely friend in the back grabbing me a glass.
Name: Starborough Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc is an International White Grape Variety Originating in France
Region: Marlborough, New Zealand
Country: Australia
Year: 2016
Price: $10.29

Shop: Total Wine & More in Frisco, TX

Winery Review: Crisp and refreshing, characterized by ripe tropical fruit accents and some herbal notes. The wine shows flavors of passion fruit, kiwi and guava over a citrus background. With its distinctive, vivid aromas and zesty acidity, Sauvignon Blanc is easy to peg in a blind tasting of dry white wines. The wine’s green, herbaceous and fruity scents are sometimes accented with       musky aromas, yet its flavors are consistently fresh and bright.


  • http://www.totalwine.com/wine/white-wine/sauvignon-blanc/starborough-sauvignon-blanc/p/104152750?s=511&igrules=true


My Review: If you read my introduction blog post you know I am a huge white wine fan. This particular white wine portrayed a very earthy aroma through my senses. The smells were very herb-like as well as fruity. It almost smelled like I could drink it in the Rain Forest. I tasted more passion fruit and hints of melon than any other fruit though. Personally I will purchase this wine again since it was not overly dry for and I really like passion fruit.

I did not have this wine with food.

Comments

Popular Posts