Let The Wine Blogging Begin

Wine tasting in Arezzo, Italy

Hey adventurous wine connoisseurs! My name is Heather, I'm a senior and majoring in public relations. I'm beyond enthused about joining this course since I love wine (clearly from the photo above holding two bottles). I love wine beyond the taste though. I studied abroad in Italy and really fell in love with the culture and meaning behind a glass of wine. I am infatuated and intrigued with what a glass of wine embodies in different settings and how it can change or open our palette when paired with the right cheese or pasta. I feel like studying abroad in Italy allowed me to skim the surface on the geography of wine and this course will allow me to immerse myself in everything I’ve ever wanted to learn about wine. Who’s as excited as I am?
 
The vineyard in Arezzo, Italy

As I mentioned before I studied abroad in Italy for 6 weeks. Before then I really only tried the cheap box wine and the occasional sips of my moms expensive bottles. Once I started going on wine tours and figuring out from the locals the fragrances and senses that were suppose to fill my taste buds and palette I started to become extremely amused. I am a huge fan of white wine and the sweet reds. Some of the red wines I have tried have been very dry and stained my whole mouth. Not really a fan of that but I’m open to finding a red that I love more than my usual white Chardonnay.

I usually have a glass of wine every other night or over a stellar cheese board with friends. So I would say I drink wine often. My mother and I have this cute little place back home in Texas we like to go to on Wednesdays for their wine and cheese board happy hour. Basically, I can find any excuse or setting to grab my family and friends and talk about the world and life over a glass of wine. My favorite part about getting a bottle of wine is reading the description on what fruits or flavor I will taste and where it was fermented. It’s fascinating to me!

I hope I learn more about the tasting process of wine and what I need to look for when picking out a stellar bottle. I would love to hear about everyone’s favorite bottles of wine and where they have been in Norman that captivates a true setting for a glass of wine with friends. I know a lot of wines in the area that are considered the “house wines” are native to Oklahoma and I am curious about those. Being from Texas I have had a lot of the house wines native from there. Basically, my curiosity is clearly overflowing just writing this post!

Let the wine journey begin and our minds explode with knowledge!
 
https://au.pinterest.com/explore/wine-quotes/Love,


                                                 
Love, Heather Gilbert

Comments

Popular Posts